Friday, April 29, 2011

Molly Mo Mo? Really???

So you've stumbled across this blog and you're probably thinking, "really? Someone wants to be a "molly mo mo"?" Or it peaked your curiosity because you have know idea what a "Molly Mo Mo" means! Well my name is Bethany and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, or in other words a Mormon. I was raised by wonderful parents in a middle class family in Salt Lake City, Utah, and yes, I grew up in the Mormon church. As a young adult, I made some different choices and decided to not just leave the church but have my name removed from the records. (For those of you who don't know, this is kind of a big deal, and not in a good way.) I went on living my life outside of the "rules" or guidelines of what the church teaches and believe it or not I actually very much enjoyed my life! But one day, after about 6 or so years of being a non member, I turned the t.v. on and the LDS general conference was on and for some reason I decided to watch. While I watched, something hit me. I knew, right then, I needed to find my way back to becoming a member of the church again! It was a profound moment for me and to make a long story short about 1 year later I was re-baptized and I am planning on going through the temple with my husband soon!
So back to the title of this blog, along my journey, I used to despise those so called "molly mo mo's", the women of the church who seem to be perfect! After all I had so many faults and I knew they were all judging me! Lol! So now having experienced a very different side of life than that of the "sheltered mormon", I have decided I too, want to be known as a "molly mo mo"! And not because I want people to think I am perfect, cause guess what, I never will be, at least not in this life! But because I want to strive to be the best me I can! I want to live an authentically awesome life where I find joy in serving others and appreciating all the many blessings I have! So join me on this journey of living the life of an active member of the LDS church. Whether you are a member or not, I want to find ways we can inspire and help each other to live the best life we can! In future posts I plan to bring different ideas together on things like living the word of wisdom through your diet and having a home where the spirit resides through "spiritual interiors". So if you are looking start living your best life follow me on this blog and let a new journey begin for you! Love and hugs to all my brothers and sisters out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment